PRP for Hair Restoration
PRP therapy for hair loss is a treatment that involves withdrawing a patient’s own blood, processing it so that only the enriched cells (platelet-rich plasma) remain, and injecting it into the scalp. PRP contains essential proteins that stimulate natural hair growth. Due to the natural variation in quality of platelet-rich plasma, results will vary between individuals. Some patients may require multiple sessions to obtain desired outcomes.
After treatment, you may experience:
• Experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your treatment.
• You may have a bruise at the blood draw site.
• You may notice a tingling sensation while the cells are being activated.
• In rare cases, skin infection or reaction may occur, which is easily treated with an antibiotic or anti-inflammatory. Please contact L’Amour immediately if you notice unusual discomfort on 07979 552338.
It is important to follow the below aftercare for optimum results:
recur earlier and results may take longer.
Essential Fatty Acids at least until one week after your treatment.
Please contact L’Amour Clinic on 07979 552338 if any of the following Signs of Infection Occur:
• Drainage – looks like pus
• Increased warmth at or around the treated area
• Fever of 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit or greater
• Severe pain that is unresponsive to over-the-counter pain relievers